Saturday 24 September 2011

Swinging with a star - Anthony Newley & wonderful ladies!


Today would have been the 80th birthday of one of my first screen crushes:

Anthony Newley (1931-1999)

~ don't know about you - but I have to smile when I look at this pic.. ~

Of course I fell for him when he appeared as Matthew in DOCTOR DOOLITTLE (1967)..

Ever since I saw him in various other films of course - but this one was the first..

Yes, I was a little girl back then..

He was so funny and such a nice guy that I simply fell head over heels for him..

~ Gosh.. I still like this Matthew... ~

Sadly I wasn't able to embed a video from that film - but there are some other clips you might like:

Here he is with lovely Shirley Bassey:



~ love the end of this.. very funny.. ~

And just for me another picture of Mr. Newley:




and another clip - with my wonderful Jo Ann Worley - love her! Gorgeous looks and soo hilarious!

Watch her dancing skills! That's exactly the kind of routine I would like to do in "my show"!! ;")

Dear children: You know her voice? It's The Wardrobe from Disney's THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (1991)...

enjoy:



Thank you for listening!

Have a great weekend!

Irene

2 comments:

  1. Great post and I love Jo Ann Worley. So that would be you dancing? Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very much so, Monty. Especially the jumps and wiggling the hips..

    Maybe no Vera-Ellen but very much fun..

    Glad that you like her, too. She is wonderful, isn't she? I can clearly see me doing that routine.. Well - maybe my voice can't cope with hers.. but - blimey - would I have fun.. And that sneaking up to kiss him in the beginning.. ;") Little meanderings on the dress of course.. (just less fabric on the top.. I love to wear dresses with a nice neckline..)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - I'll read them all and if I can think of an answer I'll post it. :")