Sunday 2 October 2011

Memorable Film and TV Characters (7): MARY POPPINS

One of the most famous nannies in film history is the delightful Mary Poppins (played by Julie Andrews). She always manages to get the job done no matter how unruly the children may be. Well it helps that Mary is a magical nanny, as she can do some pretty cool tricks. I mean Mary is so delightful in going about her task of watching over children, that it is a joy to watch her at work. Prone to break out with a song and dance on a whim, Mary is the only choice when you have to choose a nanny. And I love her philopsy as with all the magic and zaniness going around, when asked by others how this is possible..she responds "I never explain anything". BAM! And like I said, it's a joy watching her work. Don't tell me you don't hum along as Mary is singing so many of her memorable songs. Her exuberance will rub off on even the most close-minded and unfriendly people. Now I'm in the mood to go fly a kite or something.

Top of the morning Mary...


I have a feeling a song is about to start

Even birds are amazed by Mary

1 comment:

  1. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious post, Monty!

    (I had to - hadn't I?)

    "Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way." (well.. that's what her tape said..)

    "We better keep an eye on this one. She's tricky."

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - I'll read them all and if I can think of an answer I'll post it. :")