Via DKoren and her fabulous blog SIDEWALK CROSSINGS I found this meme.. (Her post is linked - so you can read about her favourite things beginning with the letter "M".. - I also think this is part of the rules - though it isn't actually said there..)
Here are the rules:
"How to Play: Comment to this entry and I'll give you a letter. List ten things that you love that begin with that letter and then post that list on your journal."
Now this sounds like fun - doesn't it?
The letter I got was "R" - hence the title of this post.. Though it's no part of the rules I am trying to name ten "things" I love beginning with "r" which are related to films..
|~ picture source: muppet.wikia.com ~|
So - let's see - here they are in a random order just the first ten "things" with "r" that I can think of:
- R like Raft, George - I am more than just fond of this gentleman.. He is one of my altime favourites..
- R like RAVEN, THE (1963) - well.. of course I LOVE that one!! It has Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Hazel Court and Boris Karloff!! I am looking forward for THE RAVEN (2012) - a film about Edgar Allan Poe (Love him!!) which will be here released in cinema this year in September - I guess everywhere else it's by now almost forgotten..Of course I love the poem of the same name by Edgar Allan Poe:
- and that corvids are some of my favourite animals you know by now anyway..
- R like Roscoe Karns - I love that guy! An appearance of him in a movie can brighten my day..
- R like Renfield - this is one of my favourite fictitious characters ever - performed by my beloved Dwight Frye in the 1931 adaptation of my favourite novel DRACULA of course. His laughter and his whole interpretation of this part was just magnificent!
- R like Romy Schneider - another one of my favourites..
- R like Russian composers.. I love a good score - also very much when it's got some classic music.. (Tchaikovsky was always one of my favourites..)
- R like Robinson, Edward G. - another one I simply adore..
- R like Ricky Ricardo - I ♥ LUCY - I really do.. And I adore Ricky.. Like him I have troubles with my "slight accent" - though my isn't as cute as his is.. I guess I sound like a Nazi spy from the old movies trying to sound like a cockney flower girl..
- R like "Rosebud" ... think what you want of Orson Welles and CITIZEN KANE (1941) - for me that was a stroke of genius.. - and it had Agnes Robertson Moorehead..
- R like Ryn, Nicholas van - one of my favourite Vincent Price film characters. It's from the amazing DRAGONWYCK (1946).. I love that maniac..
Not bad - hm?
If you like to get a letter please leave a comment and ask for one - you can of course also comment without getting a letter..
Hope you enjoyed this..
Have a lovely day - and thank you very much for listening!
And thanks to DKoren for letting me join the fun!