Wednesday 3 August 2011

SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (1995) is a modern classic

I loved this film mainly because Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet acted so well together, playing sisters Elinor and Marianne Dashwood. Their performances are terrific and they should have won Oscars that year easily. But I may be bias, I think Emma and Kate should win an award every time they act. And the supporting cast is to die for. Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, Hugh Laurie and Imogen Stubbs round out the cast. Wonderfully directed by Ang Lee, I would recommend this film to everyone.
Elinor and Marianne Dashwood....

This film is amazing. The costumes, the story, the performances, the music score. Everything adds up perfectly. One of those rare films where everything just goes together great. I own it on VHS but need to upgrade to DVD so I can re-watch this wonderful film.

Elinor: "You've not said a word to her for a week."
Marianne: "I have. I've said yes. And no."

Wait..is that Hugh Laurie? Why yes it is...JOY!

Oh and case you're wondering what my rating is for this wonderful film....it is....drumroll please........B+

Ahhhh..what a lovely day..isn't it ladies?

1 comment:

  1. Love that film! Highly in love with Col. Brandon (resp. Alan Rickman..) - the whole cast is pretty good - well, and I just adore Jane Austen's wit.. Thank you Monty for giving one of my favourites a bit of spotlight! ;")

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - I'll read them all and if I can think of an answer I'll post it. :")