AND THEN THEY START TO SPARKLE just hit the jackpot!!
which means: Yay, awards again!!!! Thank you all soooo much!!
(but I'll still go on and write - won't stop me just throwing awards at me.. oh, no!!)
Monty @ ALL GOOD THINGS gave this "THE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD" to this blog:
- while Dawn @ NOIR AND FLICK CHICKS gave this "THE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD":
Anyway - Dawn and Monty both had the nicest words for me and this blog - and I don't know how to say thank you in a more adequate way..
So for I know (like everyone else does who at least one time peeked at his blog) that Monty is a big fan of Cary Grant - and after a little research (yeah.. ok.. I asked Monty..) I found out that Dawn likes Doris Day ...
Dear Dawn and dear Monty:
Just like Doris Day and Cary Grant you two are a great team - so: This one is for you!
Ok - enough fun - here we go:
1) Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2) Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3) Pass the award to 12 of your blogging buddies.
4) Notify the recipients
1. The persons who nominated this blog:
2. Seven random facts about me:
- I am very inconsequent. Ask me something - ask me again five minutes later: It's like talking to another person, I am afraid..
- I love to take cold showers - let's be honest: sometimes I am a bit "shy" to take them (It's ice cold water - for heaven's sake!!) - but afterwards I am just feeling great.. (It's ice cold water - for heaven's sake!!)
- My favourite melody is PERFIDIA - especially the original version of Xavier Cugat..
- When my sister and I watched UP (2009) in cinema - I cried during almost all of the movie.. (Yes, I am talking about that Disney Pixar film..)
- My refrigerator is filled with several flacons perfume and also some packages of my favourite juice (= apricot-orange) - and not much else.
- I wear a green ring for some years now - and: No, I had no idea about the connection to GREEN LANTERN.. ~ "someone" out there had to tell me.. ~ ;")(yeah, this is actually me.. blimey.. Irene has a face!! well.. kind of..
and right now the green ring has the place of the black one - which is now resting in "happy ring-ing ground" or where ever little broken rings go to..)
- I don't know how many films, books, plants or heels (= all things which I love..) I've got - but I am pretty sure that I live with just two cats..
3. Passing the award (- blogs are linked)
~ of course all nominees are free to turn this award down ~ :
That was that - and now excuse me - I have to do some little nudging so that everyone will know about this nominations..
- Natalie @ THE GLAMOROUS GUIDE TO UNCONVENTIONAL LIVING - love her blog - and I am more than glowing for her idea of dressing up as BARBARELLA for Halloween!! Yay for that!!!
- Kathy @ GORGING MYSELF ON MOVIES - I hope that Kathy will return to writing again and again and again, because I always enjoyed her posts.. ;")
- Laurie AE @ BUTTERCUP BUNGALOW - always so beautiful pictures.. and especially her Ladies in Lilac post was delicious..
- Kelly-Marie @ A HAREM OF PEACOCKS - sheer beauty - please be sure to look at her lovely OUT OF THE MID-WOODS TWILIGHT -post. ~ No - don't be afraid! - There's no sparkling teenage vampires relation.. *ahem* ;"p ~
- Garofit @ A CAT AMONG THE PIDGEONS - another lovely vintage fan.. ;")
- Brittany @ VA-VOOM VINTAGE - because her blog is just lovely - and she is such a sweet lady!
- Jann @ HEADY WITH HAPPINESS - because if there is one blog which deserves this special award it's cerntainly hers.. just too sweet.. ;")
- Classicfilmboy @ CLASSICFILMBOY'S MOVIE PARADISE - because this man is doing awesome work. Just love that blog!! ~ and his avatar picture.. *ahem* ;"p
- Perfect Number 6 @ NO TIME LIKE THE PAST - because this blog though relatively new is quite gorgeous! Perfect Number 6 has not only quite a cool name but also quite an eye for great pictures.. I love her posts.. - and hope it's okay for her to receive this award.. - don't want to be too bold.. - but, dahhhrling, sooner or later you'll receive some awards - your blog is simply too good.. ;"p
- Glamour of the Past @ MY VINTAGE LIFE - because I really like her and her very elegant style and taste.. ;")
- Susan @ SUSAN'S DIARY - VINTAGE STYLE MEETS HEAVY MUSIC - just a great blog.. And Susan is pretty cool.. - and yay! for every fellow burlesque fan out there!!! :")
- Millie @ CLASSIC FOREVER - I especially loved her post about eyebrowraising.. -> read it HERE. - and we agree on some of our favourites Hitchcock Villains -> read it HERE..
Thank you all so much for listening
Yours (very well and) truly
Irene (proud awardee)