Wednesday 29 February 2012

Just because..

.. well.. ok there is a reason for this post (there always is.. I am pretty "reasonable" - u-hum..):

Yesterday morning I woke up ( I do that daily..) and - as usual - I had a song on my mind..


A song from a film which has one of my first style ideals:

Miss Bianca - the very elegant heroine of THE RESCUERS (1977)

It was this song:




Don't ask me why.. I haven't seen this film for about a year.. which is actually a shame. I love the love story of Bernard and Bianca.. He is so adorable (I have a soft spot for stammering males..) - and she is so a cute little lady..



There are beautiful songs in this film - but that's the one which came to my mind.. 


As you all know Miss Bianca's voice was delivered by Eva Gabor:

~ Eva Gabor ~


Please, have a look at the actress who was Miss Bianca's German voice - and whose voice is known by almost every German child because of her work in children audio dramas (I bet German followers will know the name of reporter "Karla Kolumna" - another one of my childhood heroines.. She made me want to write..): 
It's Gisela Fritsch 

- who is the German voice of (amongst others) Dame Judi Dench and Dame Maggie Smith.. 
(How cool is that??)


~ Gisela Fritsch in 1950's  .. ~

Do you know the German version of the song?? - I just adore it!

I love this song anyway - but the German version just makes me giggle in happyness.. I have no idea why that is so..

And: you know what? I think it's great that the German mouse is singing that ardent.. I also think it's great that a female is the German represent..






 How about he Swedish version then?

 


 I also love the Arabian version!!

 


- and I simply adore the Hungarian version!!

 


I know some bright day I will do a post about the complete film.. There are so many films out there I want to talk about... 

So for today:

Thank you so very much for listening!

Yours very well and truly

Irene

2 comments:

  1. Would you believe I have NEVER seen that movie!! For shame, I know. Actually, I'm not even sure my kids have seen it, though they've seen just about every other Disney animated film.

    It was fun listening to the song in all those different languages! Of course, I didn't understand a single word that was sung, but I enjoyed listening nonetheless.

    Also, I think Eva Gabor was the voice of the mother cat in "The Aristocats." (It might have been Zsa Zsa...but I know it was definitely one of the Gabor sisters.)

    Thanks for a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Patti! Don't worry - there still is a lot of time left to watch that film! ;")

    And: yes, Eva Gabor also delivered the voice for Duchesse - the mother cat in ARISTOCATS. :")

    Thank you for commentig!! Have a great day!

    Glad you enjoyed the different versions of this song - actually it's of course always quite the same text - though I have to admit that I can't swear that for the Arabian version - gap of education there.. :")

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - I'll read them all and if I can think of an answer I'll post it. :")