- The US title is PIRATE RADIO, the German one is RADIO ROCK REVOLUTION, in Italy the film is known as I LOVE RADIO ROCK and my favourite is the French title: GOOD MORNING ENGLAND ... yeah.. that’s what I call translation, baby!.. Isn’t it interesting that each of these countries has an alternate English title?? Think about that..
- Richard Curtis is responsible for such screenplays for films as FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL (1994), NOTTING HILL (1999) and LOVE ACTUALLY (2003) … It’s up to your decision if you’ll take that as a warning or a recommendation..
- Though the story is fictional it’s loosely based on popular pirate radio ship Radio Caroline – and so are most of the DJs loosely based on actual DJs..
- ... are a fan of 1960s music – in this case this film is a MUST. Hear me?!?
- ... are a fan of 1960s clothes
- … are disliking Philip Seymour Hoffman and want to change that. (- worked for two of my friends.. just btw… he is great in this one – but I am a fan already.. – so: don’t take my word – watch that movie!)
- … wished TITANIC (1997) would have had more free love and Rock’n’Roll.. ;”)
Hm.. I have the strange feeling I once stated my entries for newer films would be less long..