- Barbara Parkins was born on 22th May 1942 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. (imdb.com) Some other sources say that she was born on May 04, 1942.
- She is an adopted child.
- She posed for Playboy in May 1967, February 1970 and May 1976.
- Her height is 5'4'' (1,63m).
- Patty Duke called her "Barbara Starkins" during the shooting of VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.
- Originally she tested for the role of Neely in VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.
- She was Sharon Tate's bridesmaid.
- She is an accomplished photographer.
- In 1966, Parkins co-hosted the Miss Teen International Pageant with her costar from PEYTON PLACE TV series, Ryan O'Neal (whom she also dated).
- In 1986 she gave birth to her daughter Christina.
- Allegedly her favourite perfum is L'heure Bleu (=blue hour) by Guerlain (which I could understand - I am a Guerlain fan myself..).
Empire Magazine (or the readers of this magazine? I do not know..) chose her in 1995 as number 81 on their list of 100 Sexiest Stars in film history.
- "Miss Parkins is very badly served by the script, direction, lighting, wardrobe and make-up. No actress can survive that kind of treatment." --from VARIETY review of THE MEPHISTO WALTZ, February 3, 1971
- When she was asked why VALLEY OF THE DOLLS is now a cult classic she answered: "Maybe because it is so ... bad."
- "I'd very much like to be Ava Gardner. She IS sex."
So, thank you very much JANN for reading my blog and commenting! (Thanks to every one else, too!)